COCKPIT4 introduces a wide set of new features across all of the product’s components – including the server back-end, clients, and the administrator console. COCKPIT4 also features a new integrated printing module that supports both universal printing and native printing modes, centralized, integrated management of both the application delivery and the secure browsing solutions, and more.
Cockpit 4 provides equal performance to Citrix XenApp at 50% of the cost and is the most Cost-Effective Server-Based Computing (SBC) Solution.
COCKPIT4 builds on the continuing success of the previous versions of Jetro COCKPIT that already serve hundreds of organizations worldwide. It enhances COCKPIT’s capabilities by adding a host of features including:
- A new administration console for superior management, monitoring and control
- An integrated solution for managing both secure browsing and application delivery from a single point of control
- Rich tree-view navigation
- Friendly table manipulation
- Centralized monitoring and management of servers, sessions, resources, and more
- On-line data export and reporting
- New and improved license management and monitoring
- New client-side software for unmatched user experience and performance
- Instant session creation
- User-controlled settings of backgrounds, colors, toolbars, icon layouts, and more
- Intuitive management of connections, sessions, and applications.
- Improved handling of network instability and reconnects
- Multiple monitor support with full support for dualview mode on XP SP2 and higher (RDP6).
Advanced server-side features
- Supports multiple zones, zone preferences, zone routing, and more
- Multiple domain support
- Built-in CPU throttling
- Built-in memory throttling
- Supports RDP6 extensions in Windows 2008, including improved audio/video streaming and high resolution sessions
- COCKPIT4 efficiently manages the load on memory and processing resources for servers and applications, thereby maximizing system performance and user experience.
A new enterprise printing solution
- High-fidelity universal printing
- Granular control over printer mapping policies
- Supports print control at both session level and print-job level
- Supports multiple concurrent printer mapping policies for same printer
- Supports concurrently both native printing (with printer’s native driver) and universal printing
- Supports direct session mapping to network printers for improved network utilization
- Supports multiple raw formats – Postscript, PCL5, PCL6
- Supports multiple universal formats including PDF and EMF
- Supports COCKPIT versions 3.8.2 and above
- Supports stand-alone Microsoft Terminal Services